|AspectL is a library that provides aspect-oriented extensions for Common Lisp / CLOS. See an overview for a description of its functionality.As of February 2, 2006, version 0.7 of AspectL is available. The major news are as follows:|
Currently, the following Common Lisp implementations are supported:
- AspectL is now part of the Closer Project. This means that it takes advantage of the Closer to MOP compatibility layer, so that it runs on more Common Lisp implementations than ever before.
- Some of the functionality was previously ported from AspectL to ContextL, mostly because it is not genuine aspect-oriented functionality. Those parts are now removed from AspectL implementation-wise in order to avoid code duplication. Instead, AspectL imports that functionality from ContextL, and exports it again for compatibility reasons. Existing AspectL code should mostly work as before.
- Likewise, the CLOS MOP wrappers are completely removed because Closer to MOP supports compatibility across different CLOS MOP implementations much better.
- Finally, the package structure is much simplified. Instead of placing every functionality in its own package, there is now the (previously already available) ASPECTL package from which everything can be imported. The previous scheme was too complicated and offered no obvious advantages.
All tests have been performed on Mac OS X 10.4.4.Allegro Common Lisp 7.0 has the limitation that defmethod does not accept more than one qualifier. This means that the :override qualifier of special-method-combination can only be used for primary methods. This has been fixed in Allegro Common Lisp 8.0. That version supports the full functionality of AspectL.
Special generic functions do not work on MCL and OpenMCL since they currently don't implement the generic function invocation protocol as specified in The Art of the Metaobject Protocol.
For release notes of versions before 0.7 please see the release notes at the old AspectL homepage.
- Allegro Common Lisp 7.0 Enterprise Edition.
- Allegro Common Lisp 8.0 Enterprise Edition.
- CLisp 2.35 - 2.38
- CMU Common Lisp 19c
- LispWorks 4.4.5, 4.4.6 for Macintosh, Personal Edition
- LispWorks 4.4.5, 4.4.6 for Macintosh, Professional Edition
- Macintosh Common Lisp 5.1
- OpenMCL 1.0
- SBCL 0.9.7 - 0.9.9