Old Football Grounds Logo

Springfield Park, Wigan Athletic

Record Attendance: 27,526 v Hereford United
(FA Cup 2nd Round, December 12th, 1951).
Ground Opened in 1897 - The Club moved to the JJB Stadium in 1999.

The Main Stand

Main Stand

Looking Towards The Shevington Road End & The Famous Grassy Bank

Shevington Road End


Both pictures were taken by Han at the last game to be played at Springfield Park, against Manchester City.


Return To The Wigan Athletic Page Of The Football Ground Guide

Return To The Old Grounds & Stands Menu