If you use Family Link to manage a Google Account for your child, you can sign them in to Google Classroom on their Android device using their school account. When they’re signed in, you can still manage their personal account using Family Link.
Use Google Classroom with your child’s Android device
1. Install Google Classroom on your child’s Android device
- On your child’s Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
- Search for Google Classroom.
- Tap Install. You may need to sign in to the account you use with Family Link.
2. Add your child’s school account
- On your child’s device, open Google Classroom .
- Tap Get Started.
- Choose your child's Google Account or select Add account.
- Tap Next.
- Select the account you use with Google Classroom to give parent permission.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Remove your child’s school account
Important: You need to provide your permission as part of the account removal process.
- On your child's Android device, go to Settings Accounts Google.
- Tap the Google Account you want to remove.
- Tap Remove account.
- If you can't find "Remove account," at the top right, tap More Remove account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Can’t add an account
Make sure you enter the email address and password that your child uses at school. You can’t sign in to Google Classroom with your child’s personal account. Learn more troubleshooting tips.
If your child’s device has the Chrome app or the Google app , make sure to update these apps to the latest version.
Use Google Classroom with your child’s Chrome OS device
Important: If you do not use Family Link to manage your child’s Chrome OS device, please refer to prepare Chromebooks for distance learning instead.
1. Sign in with your child’s school-issued Google Account
If your child is already signed into their Chromebook with a personal account supervised with Family Link, you can add their school-issued Google Account as a secondary account.
2. Use Google Classroom
Your child’s school may have Google Classroom, which teachers can use to give and receive assignments, offer feedback, and assign grades. Learn more about Google Classroom. To access your child’s Google Classroom, go to classroom.google.com.