When you manage your child’s Google Account with Family Link, some devices allow you to supervise what your child does online. On other devices, you can give your child permission to sign in, but most Family Link supervision tools won’t work.
Devices that can be supervised
If you give your child permission to sign in on these devices, Family Link supervision tools will work.
- Android devices (running Android 5.1 and higher). Learn how to check and update your Android version.
- Chromebooks (running Chrome OS versions 71 and up). Learn how to check and update your Chromebook's operating system.
- Note: Location reporting is not available for your child’s Chromebook.
Devices that can’t be supervised
If you give your child permission to sign in to these devices, they can use their Google Account, but most Family Link supervision tools won’t work.
- iPhones and iPads
- Computers (except Chromebooks)
- You can sign your child to Google websites on a computer or other device.
Important: Your child won't be able to sign in on devices running Android 5.0 or lower while their account is managed with Family Link.
Learn more about how your child’s Google Account works with other devices.