You can help improve voice and typing for everyone when you use the keyboard. A technology called federated learning helps Gboard learn new words and phrases without sending the text you speak or type to Google. What Gboard learns might be sent to Google services, without including what you typed or spoke, where it will be combined with learnings from other users to create better speech and typing models. Gboard only learns when your phone isn't being used, is charging, and is connected to Wi-Fi.
Improve Gboard suggestions
- On your Android device, tap Settings .
- Tap System Language & input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard Gboard.
- Tap Advanced.
- Choose which preferences you want.
- Personalization: Improve voice and typing recognition just for you. Gboard will store snippets of your voice and typing data on your device for a limited period of time.
- Improve Gboard: Improve voice and typing recognition for everyone. Gboard will store snippets of your voice and typing data on your device for a limited period of time.
- Delete learned words and data: Clear all on-device data that Gboard has saved to improve your typing and voice typing experience.