You can ask your Google Assistant to identify songs that play around you. You can play the song for Google Assistant to identify or you can hum, whistle, and sing the melody of a song.
Important: This feature is available in English on iOS mobile.
Use the Google app to name a song
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google app .
- In the search bar, tap the mic .
- Ask "What’s this song?" or tap Search a song.
- Play a song or hum, whistle, or sing the melody of a song.
- Play a song: Google will identify the song.
- Hum, whistle, or sing: Google will identify potential matches for the song. Select one of them to view the Search results page and listen to the song, read lyrics, or view the music video.
- Tip: Google can only identify songs that have lyrics.