About this service
The "EUROPA" service is built on the World-Wide Web
technology developed by the CERN,
Geneva. It allows you to navigate easily through documents by the means of
Documents on this service can be accessed in different ways:
- by following the predefined menu structure and the cross-links
between documents (the cross-links will be extended in the future);
- by SEARCHING for documents
containing given keywords (full-text search).
Links on this service point to various resources:
- to HTML (hypertext mark-up language) documents;
- to images (GIF or JPG formats);
- to sound files (WAV format)
- to word processing documents (DOC or WPD formats);
- to Portable Document Format documents (PDF format);
- to other servers and resources on the net.
Certain document formats may not be supported by your browser.
They require external viewers or, alternatively, may be downloaded
for later viewing or printing.
For PDF files, a free viewer (Acrobat Reader) is available from the
World-Wide Web Site.
PDF, word processing document and sound files are typically much larger than simple
text files. For these files, we give their size along with their description.
The "EUROPA" service is under development
The initial version of this service provides documents in the
english language. The support of other languages is under preparation.
The "EUROPA" service is run by the Computing Centre
of the Commission's Informatics Directorate.
firstname.lastname@example.org (for comments on the content of this service)
email@example.com (for comments on technical aspects)
Last updated: 13 SEP 1995