Base Mapping and Geomatic Services
Aerial Photography flown and produced with government funds in
whole, in part or in kind must satisfy the Specifications. You
will find the necessary specifications for: Photography, Indexing,
Database files, Scanning, and Aerial Photographic Products.
TRIM 1:20,000 scale mapping specifications provide the basis for
the official base mapping in British Columbia. These specifications
include those required by mapping contractors and partners involved
in the data capture and production of base mapping
Specification Updates Effective April
Standards, Specification and Guidelines
- Documents describing how positioning (i.e. surveying, mapping,
etc.) accuracies are classified.
- Documents describing the accuracy and procedural requirements
for the following types of surveying ...
- Control Surveys using conventional surveying equipment (e.g.
theodolites, EDMs, levels, etc.).
- Control surveys using GPS technology. (0.001-1.0 metre accuracy)
- Mapping/inventory surveys should be done using GPS technology.
(1-10 metre accuracy) ..