The Java in Action Conference was held
October 5-7, 2005 at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
in Orlando, Florida. Visit us next Spring for information on Java in Action 2006
Join us for TheServerSide.com's 4th Annual Java Symposium on March 23-25, 2006 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.JavaSymposium.com.
Java in Action is the perfect complement to TheServerSide.com the Java Symposium. It offers something different -- an intimate environment that's ideal for absorbing of practical knowledge, and sharing tips and advice on how to avoid development pitfalls. Get hands-on training and practical education designed to help you address real-world software engineering problems.
JIA offers high-quality training modules, technical sessions, and group design workshops, all presented by expert end-users. This is peer-to-peer learning at its best.
You won't find an opportunity like this anywhere else. Review the Conference Agenda and learn more about what to expect from JIA’s training modules, technical sessions, and group design workshops.
Need help convincing your boss? Our Frequently Asked Questions section can help you explain why JIA is a great investment by highlighting the key benefits of your attendance.
Java in Action topics include:
- Design & development techniques (large scale systems, AOP, IoC)
- Performance tuning & optimization
- Integration (SOA, Interop, SOAP/REST)
- Web application development
- Portal development (SSO, CMS, portals, portlets, LDAP)
- Workflow management / Rules paradigms
- Requirements analysis, Project management
- Test driven development
- Applying scripting languages
- Client development (thin/rich/AJAX)