last edited 2 weeks ago by limi
Plone Improvement Proposals
Before a feature is added to Plone, a PLIP needs to be written.
A PLIP template in STX is available.
- [PLIP0]? PLIP
- Plone Improvement Process, a structure for the addition of Plone features. Status: implemented
- [PLIP1]? Plone Control Panel
- A Control Panel plugin system for Plone. Status: implemented
- PLIP2 Plone Controller
- A cross-platform application to handle start/stop of Plone instances. Status: still talking
- PLIP3 Form Controller / validation rewrite
- Get rid of portal_form. Simplify form validation. Status: implemented
- PLIP4 Plone 2.1
- Features/Enhancements for Plone 2.1
- PLIP5 Refactor visual editing
- Make it easier to use third party visual editors with Plone.
- PLIP6 Add Portlets to Plone
- Make it easier to configure slots/portlets.
- PLIP7 Plone PloneGroupSpace? objects
- Extend Plone's group awareness to enable it to support team-centric collaborative environments. Status: Awaiting Feedback
- PLIP8 Editions (Staging and Versioning)
- Allow users to edit an item leaving the already published item unchanged (staging) and save versions of items to be retreivable later (versions). Status: IsWorkInProgress?
- PLIP9 Ticle
- Placeless Content, Relations, Links. Status: still writing the PLIP
- PLIP10 Portrait Management
- Overview over all member portraits in the control panel (depr. moved to a seperate product)
- PLIP11 Pagelet tool
- Creation of a new tool to eliminate all editing of main_template by site creators for good.
- PLIP12 Event Service
- Incorporation, use cases, and artifact regarding integration of cvs.zope.org/Products/Event into Plone Status: Contemplation
- PLIP13 Plone Creation Process
- Documentation and execution of how a Plone site is created. Discusses hook points, migration and stages. Status: Contemplation
- PLIP14 Rich Text editing integration in Plone 2.x
- The future direction of the default installed Rich Text editor in Plone. Status: Being implemented
- PLIP15 Making Plone Go Fast
- Plone has never been optimized for speed. We have be fixated on various aspects of HTML presentation and User experience without regard to speed. With minor adjustments we can make Plone much faster.
- PLIP16 Local-Roles Enhancement
- Make acquisition of local-roles from parent objects optional on a per-object basis.
- PLIP17 Version Repository Engine
- Plone has reached agreement on the engine for versioning, though discussions remain on how to version content. With this proposal, the engine goes into Plone.
- PLIP18 Actions on Search Batches
- Make it possible to do cut/paste/state operations on search batches.
- PLIP19 Compare versions
- Allow document-oriented content types to be compared, mostly between versions.
- PLIP20 Extended Link Content Type
- Allow Links to be used as proxy objects, and more control over their behaviour.
- PLIP21 Managing Multiple Sites in Plone
- Enabling several different views on the same content in a Plone site.