January 6, 2006
when you use Google's products and services, including information
provided when you use the Google Video Player. The following are our
privacy practices that are specific to the Google Video Player.
- You can download free videos from Google Video without having a
Google Account or providing account information to Google.
- You need a Google Account to purchase content to play on the Google
Video Player. Google asks for some personal information when you
create a Google Account, including a user ID and a password, which is
used to protect your account from unauthorized access. A Google
Account allows you to access many of our services that require
- Google takes steps to protect copyrighted content by embedding the
Google Account information of the person who downloads each
copy-protected video, in encrypted form, in the video itself. When
you play a copy-protected video, the Player will send this encrypted information to Google, including the identity of the video, to confirm that the copy is authorized.
- When you download free videos or purchase non-copy-protected videos,
no account information will be embedded in the video.
Windows-compatible Video Players may contact Google's servers to
finalize the download process when you play the video.
- Google receives standard log information when the Player
contacts Google's servers during the download process and when
confirming authorization to view copy-protected content.
- When you buy videos on Google Video, we process the payment and
related personal information as described in the Google Account
- In addition to using Account information to protect copyrighted
content, we use information about aggregate Video Player usage to
improve the quality of the Player and other Google services.
Information sharing and onward transfer
- We may share aggregate statistics about video downloads and other
Google Video Player usage with our business partners. We will not
share personally identifying information with these partners or any
- You can terminate your Google Account at any time as described here.
Google adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more
information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see
the Department of Commerce's web site
Further information about the Google Video Player is available here
For more information about our privacy practices, go to the full
any time. Or write to us at:
c/o Google Inc.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View CA 94043 (USA)