We appreciate hearing from our customers. Before you send feedback, please take a look at some common questions people ask us, along with our responses.
- Where can I find background information about your company?
- Apple's company backgrounder is currently being updated and will be available soon in About Apple.
- Whom do I call when I have "Corporate" questions?
- For investor information, please see the Investor FAQ. For press and analyst questions, please call the Media Helpline at (408) 974-2042.
- Where can I find your annual report?
- Apple's annual reports are published online in the Investor Information area.
- Does Apple pay a cash dividend?
- Apple paid dividends from June 15, 1987 to December 15, 1995. No dividends have been declared or paid subsequent to that time. The Company does not anticipate paying dividends in the forseeable future.
- Does Apple offer a direct purchase program?
- No. However, Apple stock can be purchased from just about any brokerage firm, including discount or online brokerage services.
- Does Apple offer a dividend reinvestment program (DRIP)?
- Does Apple have any current job openings?
- Yes, we're always looking for good people. Visit our jobs search area for information on current opportunities.
- Does Apple offer internships and how do I apply?
- Yes, Apple offers internships and opportunities for college hires. See our employment website for more details.
- Where do I send my resume?
- You can fax your resume to us at (408) 974-5691, or you can email it to email@example.com. Please email your resume by pasting it into the message body--do not attach enclosures.
- What support does Apple offer to customers?
- Support for Apple products is specified in the materials that come with the product at the time of purchase. Check these materials to discover what support is available and how to access it.
- Where can I find customer support online?
- The Support area of the Apple web site is the primary source for technical information, support information, and software updates for Apple customers. Support offers access to the Technical Information Library, our database of answers to common technical questions. Support also hosts the Tech Exchange, a support system which facilitates the exchange of ideas, problems, and solutions. You'll also find pointers to the latest Apple software updates and dowonload locations.
- What about email customer support?
- Apple does not provide general email technical support at this time. Please check the resources listed in the Support area for the latest customer support information.
- Where can I download Apple software updates?
- The webmaster's advice is to start with Software Updates, part of our Support area. Use the links to Apple's software updates archive to find the software you need.
- Why are the Apple software update sites so busy?
- Apple's FTP servers handle hundreds of thousands of requests each week. Sometimes, especially after a popular upgrade has been announced, the servers get busy and refuse additional connections in order to serve existing connections. A software update may consist of many large download files and may fill the servers to capacity during the peak of its popularity. If you can't get through, here are some strategies you may try:
- Try your request at off hours (usually 11 pm to 6 am Central time).
- If you use AOL, try downloading from the Software Updates in the Apple area on AOL (Keyword: AppleComputer).
- If you prefer to use an FTP client for downloads and find the servers are too busy, try using the World Wide Web pages to start your search and only switch to FTP when you need to transfer software.
- Try again in a few days.
- I've heard that Apple is working on a new product called (insert any code name here)
- It is Apple's policy not to comment on unannounced products or products under development, whether or not they actually exist. Nor is it our policy to discuss release dates. You can look in the following places for the earliest discussions of new products:
- Media & Analyst Information
- This site, published for the press and analyst community by Apple's
Public Relations organization, maintains pointers to the latest breaking
news from Apple. You will also find links to current press releases and
our press release archive.
- Mac OS home page
- The Mac OS team has also posted information about future development
of in the Macintosh operating system on the Mac OS Web site.
- Where can I find prices for Apple products?
- For Apple's U.S. prices on direct sales to individuals, see the Apple Store.
- What kind of discounts can college students get on Apple products?
- Contact your campus reseller for more information about sales to college students. To find a campus resellers near you, see the catalog section of the Campus Direct Web site or call Campus Direct at 1-800-877-4433.
- How can I send email to someone I know who works at Apple?
- Apple does not have a public index of the email addresses of its employees, and we cannot guarantee that email sent in care of Apple will be forwarded to an internal email address.
- I need to license Apple software for distribution to my clients, usergroup, or company. Whom should I contact?
- In order to legally distribute Apple software, you will need to file a licensing agreement with Apple Software Licensing. For further details, look at the Software Licensing page at http://dev.info.apple.com/ngs/lpp/adrpub/docs/mkt/registering/swl/swl.shtml or contact the Software Licensing department at:
- +1-512-919-2645 (voice)
- +1-512-919-2120 (fax)
- Apple Software Licensing
- 2420 Ridgepoint Dr MS 198-SWL
- Austin, TX 78754
- How can I become a beta tester for Apple?
- Visit our Customer Quality Feedback (CQF) site. CQF is an Apple end-user seeding program that provides you, as an Apple customer, with an opportunity to influence the development of Apple products.
- Is this the only list of Frequently Asked Questions about your web site? How can I get more information?
- You will find more answers to Frequently Asked Questions for each area of our web site. Choose your area of interest:
- How do I send Web site feedback?
- If you still have questions or comments after reading this, please send feedback. Sending feedback will not help you get customer support. Please visit the Support area of the web site for customer support.