The British Council maintains a website on the Internet located at www.chevening.com.
This website is owned and operated by The British Council (BC), whose registered office is at 10 Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BN. Any data provided by users of the Chevening website is jointly-controlled by BC and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, King Charles Street, London W1A 2AH. The Data processors for the Chevening website are Sift Limited (company number 03863688), whose registered office is 5th Floor, 100 Victoria Street, Bristol BS1 6HZ.
This website has open public access. The website allows visitors to search for information relating to scholarships offered through the Chevening programme worldwide.
Information and data contained on the Chevening website is provided as a service. Information is subject to change without notice. Further, the British Council :
- expressly disclaims any representation, warranty or responsibility in relation to any information, goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through the Chevening website. The British Council also makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, with respect to the Chevening website, or any part thereof, including any warrantees of title, non-infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose.
- accepts no liability for any use of the information and data on the Chevening website or for any reliance placed on it.
- makes no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the information and data on the Chevening website for any particular purpose.
- makes no warranties that the information and data on the Chevening website is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
- its agencies and instrumentalities do not endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any information, material or content referred to or included on, or linked from or to the Chevening website.
- posts online contributions from the alumni membership on the Chevening website as a forum for membership communication on subjects relevant to the Chevening experience. Participants are expected to act in a responsible manner which will further this purpose and to obey all relevant laws governing communication over the Internet. The British Council does not monitor or edit statements made in these facilities and is not responsible for any content that appears in this area.
- will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by any use of the Chevening website (including any such loss or damage caused by viruses), whether or not notified of such damage or loss arising, unless specifically covered in the terms & conditions of the Chevening website service agreement.