Requests to place links on the EFSA website
EFSA does not accept submissions or requests. The EFSA Communications Department bases its selection of external links on its webpages on the relevance to the subject under discussion and a general commitment to deepen knowledge and provide context on subjects related to food and feed safety within its remit.
Linking to the EFSA homepage or subpages
EFSA welcomes website editors or web administrators placing a text link on their site to the EFSA website and sub pages. Formal permission from EFSA is not required. However, any such link is subject to the conditions set out below.
Conditions of use
1. You must not:
- Establish the link in a way that makes the information or services contained on EFSA's website appear to be part of your site, or attempt to portray any of EFSA's website content as your own;
- Establish the link in a way that alters, blocks or otherwise prevents the display of any content of the EFSA website page to which you have linked;
- Reproduce, reuse or redistribute any part of the content of the site for any commercial purpose whatsoever, or distribute to a third party for such purposes;
- When accessing EFSA pages or documents via a link, it should be perfectly clear to users that they are viewing information that is not exclusive or dependent on a fee for access;
- Display or use a link in a manner that causes the EFSA website or any portion of its content to display within a frame, be associated with any advertising or sponsorship or otherwise incorporate the EFSA website content into a third party website;
- Represent or convey the impression that EFSA approves, endorses, recommends the objectives and/or the content of your website or of the entity managing or using it, or is in any way connected with you (or any of your related bodies corporate or personnel), your website, or any of your goods or services;
- Make fun of, satirise, disparage or defame EFSA, its name or logo or any of EFSA's work;
- Have contained in your website any material that is defamatory, pornographic, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, grossly offensive, malicious, unlawful or otherwise contrary to accepted standards of public decency and good taste as determined in the sole discretion of EFSA.
2. You must agree and acknowledge that the EFSA trade marks, logos and website (including without limitation, all content, text, images, software, media or other material therein) are proprietary to, or licensed to, EFSA, protected under intellectual property laws, and may not be reproduced, transmitted, displayed, published or distributed without the express prior written consent of EFSA.
3. You must indemnify EFSA and keep EFSA and any third party indemnified against all claims, losses, liability, damages, expenses and costs including legal costs that EFSA or any third party may sustain or incur as a result, whether directly or indirectly, of your link to the EFSA website, or any breach by you of these conditions, your negligence, or any breach of any applicable laws.
4. To the extent permitted by law, EFSA excludes any liability it may have to you arising out of or in connection with your linking or being unable to link to the EFSA website (including but not limited to liability for economic loss, lost profits, lost revenue or loss of data).
5. You must undertake that data that is downloaded from the EFSA website and in any way displayed or utilised is regularly checked and updated using the most recent data from the EFSA website. Any data that has been downloaded from the website and then displayed, must clearly indicate the date it was downloaded and carry a disclaimer that EFSA is not liable in any way for incorrect or out of date versions of EFSA data that are held/published on any third party site.
6. You must acknowledge that the operation of the EFSA website will not be uninterrupted or error-free and may be subject to temporary shutdowns due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the operating party; and that EFSA may terminate your link to the EFSA website, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
7. As soon as a link has been established, the webmaster of EFSA’s website should be notified by transmission of the URL of the page where the link appears, enabling him to check if the above guidelines have been respected by the other website.
8. EFSA reserves the right to amend these conditions at any time.
Writing the link
The name of the organization must be written out in full, ‘The European Food Safety Authority’ in addition to the title of the document/page if necessary. The link bearing the name must always be active.
Use of the EFSA logo in links
Use of the EFSA logo in websites without the second-level domain name ‘europa.eu’ is prohibited without the express written permission of EFSA. EFSA only grants permission to certain entities. If approved, use is subject to the conditions below:
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not be combined with any other graphic elements; nor may they be altered in any manner including size, proportions, font, design, arrangement, colors or elements; nor may they be animated, morphed or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- The name and logo and/or link bearing the name and logo may not appear more prominently than your personal, company, product or service website name.
- You will not transfer, assign, sell, reproduce, distribute or otherwise exploit the name and logo or your link to EFSA.
For more information on using the EFSA logo, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.