To print or view an exam:
1. Open Internet Explorer or Netscape and go to the librarys
catalog, MORRIS, at http://ringding.law.yale.edu/
2. Click on Previous Exams.
3. Type in your professors name and click search.
4. You will see a list of names (if your typed part of the name,
or if there is more than one person with that name), select your
5. You will see a list of publications. The exams are included
in this list.
Note: Some professors lists
are quite extensive. You can limit the display to only show exams
by selecting YALE LAW SCHOOL EXAMS from the View
drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the display, then clicking
the search button.
6. Select the exam you wish to view or print by clicking on the
title. You will see the complete record for that exam.
7. To view the exam, click on the link below Connect to:
in the middle of the screen.
|Depending on your browser, you may see a dialog box asking
you if it is acceptable to install a plug-in. YOU MUST CLICK
YES OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PRINT. The default
on some computer may be no so if you just
hit enter, the plug-in will not load and you will not be able
to access the exams.
8. Next you will see a split screen. The right half will show a
preview of the exam, the left half will ask you to log in.
Username: Use your name, first
and last, in the name field.
Password: Use your library barcode
(usually your Social Security number followed by a 1
if youve have more than one ID issued
by Yale, your barcode is your SSN followed by 2 (for your second
ID) or 3 (for your third), etc.).
9. Click Submit
10. You will see the first page of the exam. Turn the pages by
clicking on the icons above the image (dont use the browsers
forward and backward buttons).
|To print or save the exam, just click the printer or disk
icon directly above the page image. DO NOT USE THE BROWSERS
11. To print all of the pages of an exam, you will need to select
all in the print dialog that appears after you click
the printer icon directly above the page image. (The print job will
go to the default printer associated with the computer you are using.)
For assistance, check with the staff at the Circulation Desk on
Note: If you print from a computer
cluster, dont forget to log out to preserve the balance in
your printing account