NCSA's Scientific Computing
division offers training in three areas:
parallel computing, virtual environments, and distributed computing.
- Web-based Training
- WebCT-HPC is the Alliance site offering online training and courses
so you can learn at any time and at any location. Take a look at the
- Alliance Training
- Web-based HPC tutorials, workshops, and reference materials classified by
length, depth, breadth, target audience, type of material, and presentation
format. Also a schedule of training events from Alliance partners.
- High-Performance Training
- The Consulting Services team
offers low-cost monthly training on the center's
Introductory and intermediate training alternate each month.
Select from among the modules, fully described online.
- Virtual Environments Training
- The Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
offers a course on programming for
a project-based virtual reality system. This two-day module gets you
started on setting up
such a system at your home site and introduces libraries, sound servers,
and interface and navigation options. Check out the online
materials for self-study.
- Distributed Computing Workshops
- National Laboratory for Applied Network
Research/Applications Support (NLANR) distributed computing workshops are
also taught in Champaign-Urbana and in other locations.
- NCSA's online magazine Access also maintains a calendar that
includes other training and workshops throughout the Alliance.
Check here for seminars and training events offered by other Alliance groups.