Important Notices and Disclaimers
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this web site were produced and/or compiled by Natural Resources Canada for the purpose of providing users with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by Natural Resources Canada.
For the purpose of this document, web site refers to all information identified with a domain address terminated by gc.ca or clearly identified by the signature (insignia or logo) of Natural Resources Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from Natural Resources Canada. We ask only that:
- Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Natural Resources Canada be identified as the source department; and,
- The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of Natural Resources Canada.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions.
To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Canadian Government Publishing Directorate
Constitution Square Building
350 Albert Street, 4th floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Natural Resources Canada web sites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by Natural Resources Canada and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
The content originator should ensure that third parties have given their written permission to allow users to reproduce their information as it appears on the Natural Resources Canada web site.
Information that is not covered under this copyright claim may appear on this web site for convenience. However, it will be clearly identified as such. Inclusion of third party information, products or tools on this web site does not imply advertisement or endorsement by Natural Resources Canada.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact:
Natural Resources Canada Webmaster
580 Booth Street
via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (613) 992-9322
Fax: (613) 992-7373
Government of Canada Privacy Statement
- Natural Resources Canada does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, e-mail or street address during your visit to its web sites. This information is obtained only if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- Any personal information that you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. At the time of collection, you will be notified that your personal information is being collected, why it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Natural Resources Canada personnel who need the information to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose the information to anyone outside those who need to provide you with a response in the federal government.
- Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) occasionally uses "cookies" to track how visitors use its Web sites. Whenever we enable "cookies" to facilitate your transactions, we will first inform you. (A cookie is a very small text file placed on the hard drive of your computer by a web page server. It is a unique identifying code for your computer and can only be read by the server that gave it to you.)
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in Natural Resources Canada may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Co-ordinator by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling (613) 995-1305. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via the Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natural Resources Canada does not assume any liability deemed to have been caused directly or indirectly by any content on its web site.