SPECIAL EVENTS & PROGRAM PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT
November 6, 1996
POSITION TITLE: Special Events & Program Promotions Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Communications and Public Relations
SUPERVISOR: Director, Special Events and Program Promotions
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in advertising, public relations, special events or related discipline with 2-3 years experience in advertising, public relations, event coordination, and/or project management or equivalent combination. Experience in public television is a plus. Must have experience drafting press releases, invitation copy, and letters for senior executives. Must have the ability to implement and advise on list tracking and database systems. Must be computer literate and experienced with list tracking/database software; knowledge of "Persuasion" software helpful. Must be able to generate and execute creative ideas for special events and promotion campaigns. Must have demonstrated writing and editing skills; excellent verbal communication skills essential. Must work well under pressure and constant deadlines.
- Assist Director in implementation of PBS Annual Meeting, Premiere Events, "TV Dinners", press tours, producers and publicist meetings, and other events and special promotions through the creation and tracking of following:
- timelines and documents to assist in the management of events.
- meetings agendas and summaries.
- talent letters; marketing letters; invitations, etc.
- scripts and slides for presentations (including transfer to Persuasion or other presentation software).
- budget summaries; post-event analysis and reports; customer surveys; thank you letters.
- assist with other projects as required.
- Act as liaison with internal and external clients to
facilitate event logistics including:
- producers and talent agents for follow-up on logistics and travel.
- PBS Creative Services for planning and tracking of event graphics and video elements.
- PBS Conference Services to track logistics with venue, caterers, AV, etc.
- PBS department staff to follow-up invitation lists, etc.
PBS Internet Publishing Group for demonstration; computer services for technical support.
- Work with programming to create "talent" and "special promotion" database hooked to longlead Pipeline.
- Assist in development of ways to coordinate communications and consultation with stations on all special events. Respond to station inquiries regarding special events.
- Provide proofreading and copy editing support for all materials.
Perform other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please submit letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to:
ATTN.: Ms. Lanie Odlum
1320 Braddock Place
Alexandria, VA 22314
PBS's Job Hotline (703) 739-5298
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer