Sen. Barack Obama stands for reproductive health.
2008 Presidential Endorsement
The Planned Parenthood Action Fund is very excited to officially endorse Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) for president of the United States.
The board of the national Planned Parenthood Action Fund voted unanimously to recommend endorsing Sen. Obama, a decision ratified by Planned Parenthood's local action organizations, which represent the interests of all 99 Planned Parenthood affiliates.
Why Sen. Barack Obama?
- Sen. Obama received a 100 percent rating from the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. This stands in stark contrast to the radically anti-choice Sen. John McCain's zero percent rating.
- Sen. Obama has sponsored or co-sponsored legislation that focuses on commonsense prevention measures to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies and expand access to birth control, including the Prevention Through Affordable Access Act, the Prevention First Act, the Communities of Color Teen Pregnancy Prevention Act, and the Responsible Education About Life (REAL) Act.
- Sen. Obama supports medically accurate comprehensive sex education and voted in favor of legislation to fund medically accurate sex education.
- Sen. Obama supports the Freedom of Choice Act, which would codify and protect a woman's right to choose.
- Sen. Obama is a champion of family planning access for women worldwide and voted to repeal the destructive global gag rule, which bars any U.S. aid for international family planning organizations that perform or promote access to abortion services.
Watch the speech given by Planned Parenthood Action Fund President Cecile Richards at the Democratic National Convention where she discusses the reasons we've endorsed Sen. Obama.
2008 Congressional Endorsements
Read about the Planned Parenthood Action Fund's 2008 congressional endorsements.
Read about the presidential candidates' stand on women's health care issues.
SUPPORT THE ACTION FUND
We need your support to ensure pro-choice policies and laws for years to come.