Engage and inform your elected officials.
Ask Your Elected Officials
Attending a public forum or event in your area?
Here are some sample questions you can ask government officials related to sexual and reproductive health policy:
- REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH CARE IS BASIC HEALTH CARE: Accessible, affordable health care is one of the most important issues facing our country. Can you discuss how women's reproductive health care will be front and center in your health care reform plan, and tell us what specifically you will do to address barriers to affordable birth control?
- EMERGENCY CONTRACEPTION: As backup birth control, emergency contraception is a critical way to prevent unintended pregnancies, yet some doctors are not informing patients about it and some pharmacies are refusing to stock or dispense it. What will you do to increase access to emergency contraception?
- COMPREHENSIVE SEX EDUCATION: Teenagers today are not getting the information they need to protect themselves from unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, including HIV/AIDS. What would you do to ensure that public schools teach responsible, age-appropriate, medically accurate sex education?
- ABORTION RIGHTS AND JUDICIAL NOMINEES: Recently, the Supreme Court issued a decision that undermines Roe v. Wade and insists that politicians, rather than women and their doctors, are better equipped to make serious medical decisions. Where do you stand on Roe v. Wade?
- INTERNATIONAL HIV/AIDS PREVENTION: While this administration has committed resources to the global fight against HIV/AIDS, the U.S. is funding abstinence-only programs at the expense of more effective approaches that also include condom education and distribution. What would you do to address these issues?
2008 Presidential Endorsement
Learn about the Planned Parenthood Action Fund's endorsement of Sen. Barack Obama.
2008 Congressional Endorsements
Read about the Planned Parenthood Action Fund's 2008 congressional endorsements.
SUPPORT THE ACTION FUND
We need your support to ensure pro-choice policies and laws for years to come.