The Web site of the Supreme Court of Canada meets the Common Look and Feel
(CLF) guidelines of the Treasury Board of Canada. Each Web page on the site
is arranged in a similar manner in order to facilitate the navigation of the
site. The format and content of the site are updated regularly to reflect changes
in the CLF guidelines and to ensure the timeliness and pertinence of the institutional
information found on the site.
Header consisting of:
Government of Canada menu bar
Supreme Court of Canada menu bar
Sidebar consisting of a contextual navigation bar
Main column containing the content of the Web page
At the top of each Web page, there are two menu bars: a menu bar for the government
of Canada and a menu bar for the Supreme Court of Canada.
The government of Canada menu bar consists of 5 buttons:
- Français: Allows you to change language versions
of the Web site.
- Contact us: Takes you to a section of the site that explains
how to contact us.
- Help: Takes you to the section that provides help on the
use of this site.
- Search: Allows you to search the site
by keywords. Please note that this function does not perform searches on the
judgments of the Supreme Court of Canada. The Judgments
of the Court are available in electronic format on the site of the LexUM
team of the Centre de recherche en droit public. To search Supreme Court of
Canada Case Information, please consult the section entitled Cases.
- Canada site: Takes you to the Government of Canada web
The Supreme Court of Canada menu bar consists of 10 buttons:
- Welcome: Directs you to the welcome page of the Court.
- About the Court: Directs you to web links concerning the
justices, the history, the role, the mandate and the operations of the Court.
- Visit the Court: Directs you to information about guided
tours and reservations.
- Judgments: Directs you to information concerning the judgments
of the Court.
- News Releases: Directs you to information about the press
releases of the Supreme Court of Canada and the automated mailing list.
- Cases: Provides you with links to information about the
schedule of hearings, searching case information, access to judgments, news
releases and bulletins of proceedings as well as Court statistics.
- Library: Takes you to the welcome page of the library
of the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Act and Rules: Provides you with links to the Supreme
Court Act, the Rules of the Supreme Court of Canada, SCC forms, information
concerning fees, and notices to the profession.
- FAQ: Directs you to the section entitled Frequently Asked
Questions relating to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Site map: Directs you to the site map that provides a
graphical representation of the contents of the site.
The sidebar consists of a contextual navigation bar that contains links to
related Web pages on the Supreme Court of Canada Web site. These links change
to reflect the content of the text you are viewing in the main column.
The main column contains the content of the Web page you are viewing. The
text in this column may also contain links to other related Web pages or Web
The footer indicates the date the Web page you are viewing was last updated,
a navigation button to the top of the current page as well as a link to important