Resort Development Branch
The Resort Development Branch of the Ministry of Tourism, Sport
and the Arts works closely with other ministries, agencies, local
governments, First Nations, the public, resort operators and
investors to support and facilitate new and expanded resort
developments on provincial Crown land.
- To provide timely decisions for new resort proposals, major
expansions of existing resorts and approval of projects at
- To lead implementation of key initiatives in the BC Resort
- To manage Resort Master Plans, Master Development
Agreements, Operating Agreements and other tenures for existing
all seasons resorts.
- To facilitate tourism and resort development opportunities
for First Nations.
- To contribute significantly to the doubling of tourism
revenues by 2015.