FG Vir Campaign of 1993 (DSN 9)
In March 1993 a coordinated photometric campaign of FG Vir was undertaken
by DSN and WET. Two different observing techniques, three star method and
high speed, were adopted in order to optimize the quality of data in
different frequency ranges.
8 observatories obtained 170 hours of data :
- 0.75 meter telescope at the South African Astronomical Observatory,
South Africa (observer J.E. Solheim)
- 0.8 meter telescope at McDonald Observatory, Texas (G. Handler and
- 2.1 meter telescope at McDonald Observatory, Texas (T.K. Watson
and R.E. Nather)
- 0.6 meter telescope at Xing-Long station of Beijing Observatory,
China (Jiang Shi-yang)
- 0.6 meter telescope at Siding Spring Observatory, Australia (S.J.
- 0.6 meter telescope at Mauna Kea Observatory, Hawaii (M.A. Wood)
- 0.6 and 1.0 meter telescope at the Mount John University
Observatory, New Zealand (D. J. Sullivan)
- 1.0 meter telescope at Wise Observatory, Israel (H. Mendelson)
- 0.6 meter telescope at Mt. Suhora, Poland (J. Krzesinski and G.
Publications following this campaign :
- The Delta Scuti star FG Vir, I. Multiple pulsation frequencies
determined with a combined DSN/WET campaign (M. Breger et al), 1995, A&A; 297, 473-482
- The Delta Scuti star FG Vir. II. A search for high pulsation frequencies (M. Breger et al.), 1996, A&A; 309, 197