Harvard University Parking Services maintains and operates University resources
which provide the primary parking for faculty, staff, students and visitors on the
Cambridge and Allston campuses. These resources are extremely limited and are managed
through a permitting system which is designed to optimize their use in a safe, efficient
and equitable manner.
The information which follows outlines: Parking Services, Permit Application Procedures,
Rates, and General Regulations.
- Parking Services is located at 29 Garden Street in Cambridge (Phone: 495-4785).
- For information on parking at the Medical School area please call 432-1111.
Harvard University Parking Services - Statement of Purpose
Harvard University Parking Services is committed to providing safe, reliable and
convenient parking and related motorist assistance to the entire Harvard Community
to ensure accessibility to the Cambridge and Allston campuses. As a self-sustaining,
fee-for-service organization, we support the mission of the University through a
team effort that emphasizes flexibility, fairness, sensitivity and mutual respect.
General Parking Regulations
- All persons parking on Harvard property must purchase a parking permit regardless
of work shift or parking location. Parking regulations prevail at all times, including
nights, Sundays, and holidays.
- Parking is permitted only in areas designated for parking use. Parking in roadways,
loading zones, fire lanes, on the grass, or at building exits is prohibited whether
or not so posted.
- Parking privileges are not transferable and will be revoked in the event of any
application, permit, or vehicle misrepresentation.
- All vehicles not displaying a valid Harvard University Parking Permit will be
subject to ticketing and/or towing without notice at the owner's risk and expense.
- For more information or assistance, please contact Parking Services directly
at 495-4785, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- For after-hours assistance, please contact the University Police at 495-1212.
To effect parking cancellation and term bill credit, students should return issued
permits and access cards, in person, to Parking Services. Faculty and staff should
process cancellations directly through their department parking coordinator. (Please
read the pro-ration policy outlined below.)
Pro-ration of Fees
Cancellation Procedures and Pro-ration Policies
- All Staff yearly parking will be pro-rated on a monthly basis only.
- All Student yearly parking will be pro-rated by semester only. Applications made
before February 1 will be charged the full yearly rate. Applications made after that
date will be charged at one-half the yearly rate. Applications canceled before February
1 will be issued a 50% refund. Applications canceled after that date will receive
New Parking Permits | Student
Parking | Faculty and Staff Parking
Parking - Students, Faculty or Staff | Handicap Parking | Visitor Parking | Special
Event Parking | Extension School - Summer Parking
Assistance Program | Parking Coordinator Information