Biomedical science is part of every day life. We want to encourage people of all ages and from all walks of life to consider, question and debate the key issues of now and the future.
Our Engaging Science grants programme offers over £3 million per year to support projects that aim to inform and inspire the public about biomedical science and its social contexts.
Our funded activities also include directly commissioned work and partnerships with other organisations to reach broader audiences and support innovative practice.
We also run an annual competition in partnership with 'New Scientist', inviting postgraduates and postdoctoral researchers in science, engineering and technology to tell the world about their work.
Forms and guidelines
- People Awards - application form [Word 852KB]
- People Awards - application guidelines [PDF 48KB]
- Society Awards - application form [Word 764KB]
- Society Awards - application guidelines [Word 32KB]
- Arts Awards - application form [Word 261KB]
- Arts Awards - application guidelines [Word 149KB]
- Broadcast Development Awards - application form [Word 850KB]
- Broadcast Development Awards - application guidelines [Word 180KB]