Take stunning photos and videos with true-to-life color in any situation—from everyday moments to studio-quality portraits. Capture detailed shots in low-light situations, and unleash your creativity with features like Portrait mode, Night Mode, Live Photos, slo-mo, time-lapse, panorama, and more*.
Take incredible photos in Photo mode
• Live Photos capture the moments before and after you tap the shutter, bringing your image to life
• Smart HDR and Deep Fusion capture fine detail in highlights and shadows, even in low light situations
• Night mode reveals true-to-life color and sharp photos even in dark scenes
• Panorama mode lets you take it all in and capture a wide field of view
• Use filters or choose different aspect ratios to add creative flair to your photos
• Snap still photos while shooting video by tapping the shutter button
• Capture images in Apple ProRAW for more creative control over highlights, shadows, and color in post processing while taking advantage of Camera’s intelligent image pipeline
Take studio-quality portraits using Portrait mode
• Capture photos with a depth-of-field effect that emphasizes your subject by blurring the background
• Maximize your creativity with Portrait Lighting effects like Studio Light to brighten facial features, Contour Light for more dramatic directional lighting, and Stage Light to isolate your subject in the spotlight
• Use Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting on the front facing camera to take your selfie game to the next level
Capture the moment with stunning video
• Record in a variety of resolutions and frame rates up to 4K60 in stunning 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR
• Shoot slo-mo videos at up to 120 frames per second
• Time-lapse lets you speed up the action
• QuickTake video lets you record video in Photo mode by holding down the shutter button
Cinematic mode puts a cinematographer in your pocket
• Capture gorgeous video with a stunning depth of field effect and focus transitions
• Choose focus points while recording—or let Cinematic mode intelligently choose them for you
• Adjust focus points after recording in the Photos app
Use the Camera app on Apple Watch as a remote
• Choose to use a timer, use the front or rear camera, and set Live Photo and flash options, then snap away — right from your wrist
*Not all features are available on all iPhone or iPad models. Refer to your device’s user guide for information on feature support.
Ratings and Reviews
Camera Not working after update
I have a IPhone 12, and I updated my phone to iOS 16 about four days ago. Before the update my camera was working perfectly fine. Since the update, my cameras are showing a blank black screen, not allowing me to capture my precious moments in life.. I have tried to use have this issue resolved by using Apple support but the solutions given are not working… I think it’s really a software problem because my Face ID works perfectly. I hope it’s starts working soon because my birthday is within the next month😔.
Automatic ‘enhancements’ are disastrous.
I recently moved from the iPhone X to IPhone 13 (just the regular 13). The camera itself is the best I’ve ever used. The software edits that are automatically applied to each photo are absolutely awful. My main complaint is I should be able to get the photo I take. Instead, I take a photo and the camera decides that it knows what I want better than I do, automatically applying a bunch of ‘enhancements’. These include but are not limited to: brightness, highlights, contrast, and vibrance/saturation. It makes every photo, especially those including people, looking like it was edited by a first semester photography student who just learned about hdr. The real kicker, this ‘feature’ cannot be turned off on the standard iPhone 13. I’ve heavily considered returning my phone and I’m still undecided.
Note: this is separate from the color science profiles that you choose when setting up the camera. That is an amazing feature, the benefits of which I will ne’er be able to enjoy without an update fixing the automatic editing of the photos. If I do keep this photo I will it be using the Apple camera app.
iPhone 13 pro camera is garbage
I upgraded to the iPhone 13 pro from my iPhone XR and the camera is far worse. You take these nice videos but if you try to view it anywhere but the photos app it comes out over saturated and un-detailed. Looks like an entirely different picture and looks awful, worse than my iPhone XR. And you cannot screenshot, edit, send or do anything to the video because it automatically applies this weird effect/filter/edit whatever it is. I’ll literally be looking at a still of my video and looks nice so I screenshot and it instantly warps the screenshot into a dull and over saturated picture. The whole point of the screenshot is to take a picture exactly of what’s on the screen. You can’t use your videos or pictures for Instagram or anything. Literally only to show someone in person since sending/posting or anything messes with your content. I’m looking into returning my phone because it literally force-edits your photos and videos to look like awful watercolor pictures off a flip phone. The deception is terrible
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Inc.
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.