This mineral database was the first full mineral database on the Internet. In the 1980s I was at the Department of Mineralogy of Geneva Natural History Museum and the secretary accepted to type - during months! - an important part of the mineral database, in 1986-1987. So many formulas! In 1994 when the first popular Web browser (Mosaic, you remember?) appeared I decided to display the database as a contribution to the rising Internet. It was a time of enthusiasm; the Internet was almost blank. Jean-François Rossignol, Geneva University, created the search programs. All data come from literature; nothing is gathered or agglomerated from Web. The H. Strunz classification is used with the author's written permission.
- How to use this mineral database.
- Alphabetical list of minerals with formula and system.
- Minerals, with formula and system, ordered according to Strunz classification (X th ed. -pending-. courtesy D. Barthelmy).
- Search database for mineral names. Mineral groups.
- Bolean search database for given elements in formula.
- Search database for groups
- Search database for type locality.