To become a member you need to do two things:
1. Complete the membership application form:
- fill in the online form here, or
- download the form here, print it, fill it in, scan it (both pages), and send it as a pdf or jpeg attachment to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Pay a membership fee.
There are two ways to pay the fees:
- Via Paypal (please go to the donation page)
- or by transfer to BIEN’s bank account
- Bank account name: The Basic Income Earth Network (BIEN)
- Bank and bank address: CAF Bank Ltd, 25 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4JQ, United Kingdom
- IBAN number: GB19CAFB40524000031789
- Swift number: CAFBGB21XXX
- Account number: 00031789
- Sort code: 405240
And there are two options for membership:
To become a life member, pay a single fee of 90 British pounds.
To become an annual member, decide on your annual fee (see the suggestions below) and set up a standing order, either to Paypal or to the bank account.
|Annual Income||Membership fee|
|0-£20,000||£10 per year|
|£20,000-£40,000||£20 per year|
|£40,000-£60,000||£30 per year|
|£60,000-£80,000||£40 per year|
|More than £80,000||£50 per year|
For any questions related to BIEN’s financial affairs, please contact the treasurer, Dr. Malcolm Torry, at email@example.com
All members have the right to vote at BIEN’s General Assembly meetings, to stand for election to the Executive Committee, and to vote for the Executive Committee.
Please note that membership takes effect 22 days after the application for membership has been sent and a fee has been paid, and only sooner than that if the Executive Committee makes such a decision in a particular case (see paragraph 9, 1, b of the constitution). No new memberships will be approved either at the General Assembly or during the week before it.
The donation level at which a person becomes a new B(I)ENfactor is £360. If they wish, B(I)ENefactors’ names are listed on the website, but they have no special role in BIEN.
Joel Handler (US), Philippe Van Parijs (BE), Helmut Pelzer (DE), Guy Standing (UK), Eduardo Suplicy (BR), Robert van der Veen (NL), Richard Caputo (US), Rolf Kuettel (CH), Jeanne Hrdina (CH), Wolf D. Aichberger (AT), Einkommen ist ein Bürgerrecht (DE), Ahn Hyo Sang (KR), Al Sheahen (US), Daniel Schmidt (DE), Gunmin Yi (KR), Cho Sung Hee (KR), Adriaan Planken (NL), Steven Grimm (US), Julius Nadas (US), Luc Gosselin (CA), Jon Altman (AU), Annika Lillemets (SE), Aktive Arbeitslose Österreich (AT), Robin Ketelaars (NL), Neil Howard (IT), Amanda Renslow (US), Ryan Renslow (US), Bruno Gantelet (FR), Ali Mutlu Köylüoğlu (TR), Cecilia Soto (MX) and Nicholas Rodie (AU), Marcelo Lessa (BR), Alessandro Jochem (BR)
A translation into Chinese can be found here.