Eclipse IDE integration for Maven (Eclipse m2e project)
M2Eclipse provides tight integration for Apache Maven into the Eclipse IDE with the following features:
- Rich editor for pom.xml files
- Launching Maven builds from within Eclipse
- Dependency management for Eclipse build path based on Maven's pom.xml
- Resolving Maven dependencies from the Eclipse workspace without installing to local Maven repository
- Automatic downloading of the required dependencies from the remote Maven repositories
- Wizards for creating new Maven projects, pom.xml and to enable Maven support on plain Java project
- Quick search for dependencies in Maven remote repositories
The recommended way to install Eclipse-m2e is using the Eclipse marketplace. Either click on
into your Eclipse-IDE, or use the Eclipse Marketplace Client directly from within the IDE.
Alternatively, you can install the lastest M2Eclipse release by using the Install New Software dialog in Eclipse IDE, pointing it to this p2 repository: https://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/releases/latest/
To use the latest snapshot build, you can use this p2 repository: https://download.eclipse.org/technology/m2e/snapshots/latest/
📢 Release notes
For detailed information about development, testing and builds, see CONTRIBUTING.md.