Build a website or blog
- #192 in Productivity
Manage or create your WordPress blog or website right from your iOS device: create and edit posts and pages, upload your favorite photos and videos, view stats and reply to comments.
With WordPress for iOS, you have the power to publish in the palm of your hand. Draft a spontaneous haiku from the couch. Snap and post a photo on your lunch break. Respond to your latest comments, or check your stats to see what new countries today’s visitors are coming from.
WordPress for iOS is an Open Source project, which means you too can contribute to its development. Learn more at https://apps.wordpress.com/contribute/.
WordPress for iOS supports WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress.org sites running WordPress 4.0 or higher.
Need help with the app? Visit the forums at https://ios.forums.wordpress.org/ or tweet us @WordPressiOS.
View the Privacy Notice for California Users at https://automattic.com/privacy/#california-consumer-privacy-act-ccpa.
- Embed block updates: We’ve enabled WordPress embed previews, as well as embeds for Instagram and Vimeo content. For some media, you may successfully embed a URL but cannot preview the content; in these instances, you will see a “No preview available” message. In cases when you are unable to embed media, you will now see a “Retry” option to embed the content again, and an alternate option to convert it to a link instead.
- Various improvements: We’ve streamlined your My Site menu, changing “Blog Posts” to “Posts” and “Site Pages” to “Pages.” (This has not affected your post and page content — we promise!) You will also notice that you can now publish a page via the app’s Share Extension feature.
- Bug fixes: We addressed an issue in the Reader that prevented you from removing Saved posts, and also fixed a bug that prevented you from following a conversation by email through a post’s comments. We also fixed an editor issue when displaying images.
Ratings and Reviews
Recent updates are amazing
Thank you for the recent updates!!! I actually think it’s easier to use than the website- which is great but I hope the website also gets better and Wordpress doesn’t become an app only thing...for longer posts I love to use my laptop and the web version because it easier to type a long post, but right now id rather type it on a google doc or something and copy and paste on my phone using the app. It’s very user friendly and the interface has been updated so much- it’s finally worthy of using and enjoying it. Before, the app looked so outdated and had limited capabilities- it’s finally been updated so you can virtually do anything you can online using your phone. I had some trouble uploading images but I believe this was an issue with a plugin and it was fixed. Sometimes the publish button doesn’t work properly and I have to save as a draft and go to my computer to publish, but I’m confident that has been fixed with the newest update (just downloaded so fingers crossed). Thank you sooo much for finally giving the app the attention it deserves!! Especially for the many creatives who use Wordpress, it’s important to be able to create and update our pages and posts on the go when we are inspired. So many times I have ideas that get written down in my phone notes and they never get turned into posts like i planned to- now I can open it up and make sure it gets done the minute I’m inspired. Thanks again!
Perfect for blogging on the go, but...
Being that I tend to work on my iPad and not a laptop like most bloggers I know of, having this app really makes it easy for me to do just that. I do have a couple of suggestions. While I realise not everything that can be done on the browser can be possible on an app, I’m still suggesting:
1) Please integrate Gutenberg into the app. It’s been a bit messy going back and forth from browser to app without the integration.
2) Please integrate a way to adjust the uploaded photo size. Not just the display size but the actual image size. Sometimes, it can only be downloaded into one giant resolution that isn’t necessary for the size of blog content and it could help with storage and bandwidth issues.
Thanks! Truly enjoy WordPress.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestions! I wanted to respond to your suggestions really quick.
Gutenberg is coming for the app! We are working on it currently and will release it as soon as possible!
As for changing the photo size, we do have an option where you can optimize images as you upload them to your site in the app, which will allow for making smaller images. To use this feature go to Me > App Settings and use the slider to set the maximum size of new images.
Yes, it’s a mobile app, and ten years ago that would have justified its limited functionality and beta-like business, but not any more. The phone I use today has twice the computing power of the desktop computer I had when I first used WordPress. There’s simply no reason a Mobile app doesn’t have the same options I can get access to through a desktop computer. Add to that it’s inability to communicate properly with the desktop site (like how it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop) and it’s annoying built in bugs (it’s actually designed to pick up already used tags only after you type at least two letters (really? If I have to remember at least the first two letters then I’m actually forced to memorize them all... so what’s the point?).
I suggest the top brass as WordPress use only this app for all their publishing needs for the next month. I’m certain we’d see some improvements. Until then I’ll just fumble through this as best I can going back and forth between app and desktop because, frankly, the website isn’t exactly mobile friendly. But then, neither is the mobile app.
Developer Response ,
> it almost never recognizes posts started, scheduled, or even published from the desktop
This should not be happening. It sounds like you might have setup the Jetpack at some point in the past and now it's not syncing correctly in the app either because of a change to the plugin (was it removed?) or it might be another plugin conflict or server-side issue. We'd love to get more detail about your specific case to see if there's anything we can do to help. Please consider contacting support using the form on the Profile > Help & Support page in the app to continue the discussion.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Automattic, Inc.
- 198.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Automattic Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.