Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• LIVE ALBUMS: Share your latest photos with Live Albums. Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.
• SHARED LIBRARIES: Share without sharing. Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
• REDISCOVER: Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• GOOGLE LENS: Search what you see. This preview enables you to identify text and objects in your photos to learn more and take action.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
• FREE STORAGE: Every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. Your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos, Google Drive and Gmail by subscribing to Google One, an expanded storage plan. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
Storage subscriptions purchased in-app will be charged to your iTunes Account, and automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
For the latest updates from the team, follow us on Twitter at @googlephotos
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn't run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
Thanks for using Google Photos. This release includes bug fixes and performance improvements.
We fixed user-reported issues and added new features to help you do more in Google Photos.
Ratings and Reviews
I am blown away by the features of this app. I LOVE that I can search my hundreds of thousands of pictures in any word or name. Google Photos can tell one baby from another, even correctly identify a baby as they grow up. In other words, I can type in my tween daughter’s name and Google Photos will pull up every picture of her, staring at birth. This app can tell one ANIMAL from another! I’ve labeled my Kitty as “Kitty” (which is her name). I can search “Kitty” and suddenly every picture of Kitty pops up! In fact, every time I take a picture of my precious little Pretty Kitty, it automatically gets filed in photo album “Pretty Kitty”. ALSO, within a picture, Google Photos can transcribe any words within the picture! This is EPIC. I can take a picture of someone’s business card and save it AS a Contact! I can take a picture of a recipe and automatically turn it into a text document.
When creating a PowerPoint, I was able to search for things like “parking lot”, “grass”, “happy”, “Manchester”, etc etc.
Just blows my mind. Though my phone is apple, I use Google Photos over Apple Photos, hands down. That said, the two apps work well together. Apple Photos allows me to edit photos in ways I cannot through Google. Google Photos allows me to create projects and utilize the amazing search function. Many times, I have edited photos in one a pp, then open/ work with the same photos in the other app. Have my Cake AND Eat it, too. 🥳
Thankful for google photos!
This app is great! Im not good with keeping phones, i have 5 kids and we are unfortunately very rough one devices. We lose, break and hv the occasional freak accidents where my phones are concerned and sadly I’m not great with technology & where I’m always on the go and hv more importantly things on my mind even if I knew what I were doing with technology, I’m bad for leaving messages unfinished or unsent, I forget to post comments after typing them out and anything that has to be saved on a device after I get done with is a lost cause but depending on which settings you have set your Google photos app on and esp with IOS my photos & videos are automatically backed up. This app does everything for you! I love that It allows me to add so much info about my pictures so I know where & when they were taken and on any kind of special of occasions like 1 of my 5 babies birthdays which is a lot to keep up with on their own. I’m super Thankful for google photos for helping me keep special & irreplaceable photos/vids! I can access them from any device, anytime and they make it effortlessly easy to share via social media, messages & email (etc.) showing my friends and family, not only am I a proud mom of a sometimes insanely chaotic “mini baseball team” I am but also It makes me appear so well organized and put together meanwhile ;)
Stores my photos as long as they are not 4K
It’s a bit confusing but what they are storing for me is pretty adequate for my needs. It would be nice to know I was storing the original quality but I don’t need another monthly bill besides Google Drive. It’s awesome the way they rotate some of the photos for you or give you that option. I wish they would do more in terms of the facial recognition so that you can correctly date some of your photographs were the dates were stripped in the uploading process which for me was a bit of a hellish experience because it crashed while uploading. I got past all that and everything I own is in my Google library I just don’t have them sorted properly. I’m hoping this will be done automatically in the future using the facial recognition technology otherwise I have to spend years fixing my library.
Another suggestion would be if they would show you your duplicates which are close to exact duplicates so that you can delete them on your own. Sometimes it appears to be refusing duplicates but it’s hard to tell exactly what Google is doing behind the scenes occasionally I’ll see a duplicate missing other times I find odd photos in my trash. It would be nice to know exactly what’s happening with them folders. Those are all my suggestions and why I don’t have five stars I appreciate the free storage in the meantime hoping I won’t have to go with higher quality photos in the future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Google LLC
- 209.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016, Google Inc
- In-App Purchases
- 100 GB $1.99
- 200 GB $2.99
- 2 TB $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.