Agenda for September 30th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, September 30th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

Should we have a shared component-push session?

The Support Forums meta-component is still rather large, would there be interest in a joint session to tackle tickets and create patches?

This would not be fashioned as a bug scrub, but instead a predetermined date, and timeframe (I’d love to set aside a day for this, but letting folks jump in and out as they please), include some kind of video chat (the video bit being optional) for discussing solutions, and making a day out of it. Pushing some progress in our own little world.

All of this with the understanding that not everyone is a developer, which is good, as many of the component tickets also cover things such as good text verbiage, but also because developers get caught up in stuff and needs help staying grounded.

Discussion and thoughts to be had during our weekly chat, or by feedback in comments, please.

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for September 16th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, September 16th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

The Documentation team has announced their new workflow for reporting documentation issues.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for September 9th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, September 9th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Summary for August 19th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting was held on Thursday, August 19th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. Read the transcript in at your own pace (a Slack account is required)

Community headlines and updates

With the current situation being what it is for many people around the world, the support team will approach removal requests with more leniency going forward.

Following the example of other online services (such as the internet archives) in accommodating requests for removal of information that may be used to identify vulnerable individuals or groups of people. Although the support team has always been open to removing any information which may pose a safety risk to someone, there’s been a burden of proof for the need of this on the person or persons asking. In moving away from this, and instead acknowledging that not everyone is comfortable explaining why something needs to be removed, we hope to provide an even safer space for all.

WordPress 5.8

There’s not been identified, or reported, any major recurring issues with WordPress 5.8, that aren’t already known to the coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. team and being traced via tickets at this time.

More frequent support updates

Since the support updates are often very repetitive in what goes on, we’ve tried to only make summary posts when something that needs to be communicated happens. This does unfortunately lead to long periods of radio silence, which the team wishes to do something about, so moving forward we’ll try to do monthly summary posts as well any summary for meetings which cover important topics.

And in closing to this summary post, yours truly brings a lovely song, this time in Norwegian, I’ll leave it at that and let the melody speak for it self.

“Fem Minutter” by Aleksander Walkmann and Agnes Stock

Agenda for August 19th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, August 19th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

Relaxing our stance on modifying or archiving forum content

With the current happenings around the world, it’s more important than ever that we help each other out, and practice kindness, and discretion. With this in mind, we should look into lightening our stance on modifying topics to remove information that may be identifiable for whatever reason, even reasons we do not know or understand, but also be respective that not everyone will be comfortable saying why they need something changed or hidden.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for August 12th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, August 12th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

This is where news that are relevant or good to know for the team from across the community are brought up and shared.

WordPress 5.8

WordPress 5.8 was released in the past few weeks, how are things going, have we identified any recurring issues that need to be considered, or are there topics we need to discuss relating to this release?

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

Agenda for June 17th Support Meeting

The weekly support meeting will be held on Thursday, June 17th, 2021, 17:00 UTC in #forums on SlackSlack Slack is a Collaborative Group Chat Platform https://slack.com/. The WordPress community has its own Slack Channel at https://make.wordpress.org/chat/.. (a Slack account is required)

A note-taker for the meeting is requested, taking notes is a great way to get more involved with contributing to a team, and getting to know how they operate, so don’t be shy, no prior experiences needed, and volunteering happens at the start of the meeting!

Headlines / Community updates

WordPress 5.8-beta2 is now available.

The support team is looking for a deputy or two.

Checking in with international liaisons

This is the section where we reach out to the non-English speaking parts of our community, to see how they are doing, if there’s anything we can help each other with, or just interesting things going on that it would be nice to share with others.

There’s no requirements for previous participation or “fame” to share here, anyone is welcome, and we encourage newcomers to participate!

Unable to make the meeting, or maybe meetings just aren’t your thing? We would still love to hear how things are going in other non-English speaking parts of our community. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below, in your own time, if there is anything you’d like to share, any questions or concerns you have, ort just to let us know you’re doing ok!

We will make a habit of putting this callout with every agenda post going forward, so that everyone has a chance to join in.

Open floor

This part of the meeting only happens if there is time, the team aims to cover the pre-planned topics first in any given meeting.

When open floor starts, any topic posted either as a comment to this agenda post will be looked at, or as many as there is time for. If there is still time left after this, then meeting attendees may step forward with questions, comments, remarks, anything relating to the support team that they’d like to handle.

It is also important to note that not everyone is comfortable posting things publicly, there is complete understanding of this, and users are welcome to contact the team representative (@clorith) via direct messages on Slack with whatever they wish the team to look at together.

For any other items to discuss, please add them to the comments below, or bring them up in the meeting.

New IRC Server for support

Hi folks, you may have heard the news about freenode, and if not, a quick search should solve that.

Because of that, we’ve decided to move the WordPress support-, and social chat to a new network. Discussions about the development of the WordPress coreCore Core is the set of software required to run WordPress. The Core Development Team builds WordPress. software it self will of course still remain on Slack.

If you’d like to continue being one of our awesome IRC support volunteers, please join us over on the new Libera network, you can do so by connecting to irc.libera.chat and joining #WordPress, or through their webchat service.

If you previously held a registered nickname on the freenode network, and would like to do the same at Libera, please read their guide on registering names.

Please let us know if you run into any problems!