Policies for Table Tent Advertising
Any registered campus organization may apply for table tent space. Thomas Cooper will
accept these reservations at any time of the year with the exception of winter and
spring break. For reservations, please contact Special Projects at 777-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only registered campus organizations may apply for reservations.
- Table tents must promote university-related activities or efforts.
- Requests for promotions of political campaigns will not be accepted.
- No advertising for restaurants, gambling or illegal activities.
- A copy of the proposed table tent must be approved by the library before they are placed.
- Thomas Cooper Library reserves the right to deny a request for any table tent.
- To make reservations, please contact Special Projects at 777-1952 or email@example.com.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance and are recognized on a first come, first served basis.
- Each organization may make one reservation per semester for one week of advertising.
- When making reservations, please have at least one back up date in mind.
- You can be put on a waiting list for your proposed dates if they are not currently available.
- Thomas Cooper Library reserves the right to deny any reservations.
- All table tents will be three-sided and sit horizontally on the tables to ensure they aren't knocked over or destroyed.
- Other designs must be approved by the library.
- Organizations are expected to provide all table tents, pre-folded, and ready to be placed.
- Thick, heavy-duty paper is suggested.
Procedure for Confirmed Reservations
- Table tents may be distributed no earlier than the first day of your reserved week.
- Organizations must remove table tents on the last day of their assigned week.
- Any remaining table tents will be discarded by library staff.
- Library staff may throw away any table tents that are defaced or destroyed. The organization would be responsible for providing replacements.
- Table tents may only be placed at large, group tables.
- Table tents are not permitted in single-person study areas, such as computer stations, study carrels, etc.
- Suggested placements:
- Mezzanine Level – 5 tents
- Main Level – 25 tents
- Fifth Floor – 5 tents
- Fourth Floor – 5 tents
- Third Floor – 5 tents
- Second Floor – 5 tents
- First Floor – 10 tents
Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the forfeiture of table tent use for the rest of the academic school year, and may also incur a $50.00 charge.
Other areas for advertising within Thomas Cooper Library:
- Information board inside the main entrance (cleared each Monday)