You can make it easy for users to find your core Google Workspace services by creating a custom web address (URL) for each service. Create custom addresses in your primary and secondary domains for services including Gmail, Calendar, Google Groups, Sites, and others.
If you purchased your domain from a Google partner when you signed up for Google Workspace, you don't need to create custom addresses for Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sites, or Google Groups. We've customized these addresses for you.
Customize a service address
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
From the Admin console Home page, go to Account settings Custom URLs.
- (Optional) Select the domain you want to update from the list.
- Under a service URL, enter a prefix.
Note: Example prefixes for Google services include calendar, drive, mail, groups, and sites. If the prefix is already assigned to another service, remove or rename the prefix and click Save. Then add the prefix to the service URL.
- Click Save.
- Choose one:
- Follow the instructions to add a CNAME record for each service address you're customizing. Then go to step 7.
- Click I'll do this later, which cancels your changes.
- Sign in to your account at your domain host's website (not Google) and add a CNAME record to your domain's DNS records.
Note: For example, to create the Gmail address mail.example.com, add a CNAME record that points mail to ghs.googlehosted.com. Your domain host records will be something like this:
Type Name or Host Value or Address CNAME ghs.googlehosted.com CNAME calendar ghs.googlehosted.com CNAME groups ghs.googlehosted.com
For more information, go to Add a CNAME record to your domain's DNS records.
- In the Admin console, click I've completed these steps.
If you get an error message, check the following:
- The custom URL may be in use as a customized Google Sites address. For details, go to Map a new URL to your Google site.
- You entered duplicate URLs.
- Your domain is set up with a security measure, such as HTTP Strict Transport Security, which requires HTTPS connections. The Admin console supports only HTTP connections for custom URLS, so you can't customize service addresses for your domain. You can check the HTTP Strict Transport Security status for your domain at https://hstspreload.org.