If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses Google Takeout from their account. Just turn the service on or off for those people in your Admin console. People who have Google Takeout turned on can use it to download a copy of the data in their accounts. Users who have Google Takeout turned off may still access the Takeout center, but they will not be able to view or download any files.
Note: If a user schedules an export prior to the Google Takeout service being turned off by the admin, the scheduled export will continue to be performed. Only the user can cancel their export. For more information on how users can download their data, go to How to download your Google data.
Control who uses Google Takeout
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Takeout.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- Click Override to keep your setting if the service for the parent organizational unit is changed.
- If Overridden is already set for the organizational unit, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
- To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
If you are an Education edition administrator, learn about Transfer Your Content, a way for users to copy and transfer their content to another Google account.