When you see an ad from Google's network, you can see more details:
- Google services, like Google Search, YouTube, or Gmail: Click Info Why This Ad.
- Non-Google websites and apps that partner with Google to show ads: Click AdChoices .
- For some ads on Google's network, you can click Paid for by to learn additional information about the advertiser.
- Your info:
- Info in your Google Account, like your age range and gender
- Your general location
- Your activity:
- Your current search query
- Previous search activity
- Your activity while you were signed in to Google
- Your previous interactions with ads
- Types of websites you visit
- Types of mobile app activity on your device
- Your activity on another device
- Other info:
- The time of day
- Info you gave to an advertiser, like if you signed up for a newsletter with your email address
Google can personalize ads so they're more useful to you.
Personalized ads aren't shown or hidden from you based on sensitive categories, like race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.
- Ads on Google services: You might see ads with results on Google Search, or before you watch a video on YouTube.
- Ads on non-Google websites and apps: Non-Google websites and apps (like a newspaper's website or a gaming app) that show ads from Google.
Ads are necessary for many websites to provide free services or information. Ads also help keep many Google services free.
As an ad network, Google connects:
- People who own websites with ad space
- People who want to promote a product
- People who think the product is interesting
Google doesn't sell your personal info to anyone, and doesn't let anyone read your emails to show you ads.
- Websites that host ads can only see info that you ask Google to share.
- Advertisers can only see how well their ads are performing.
Learn more about how Google ads work.
Google's advertising standards
Google takes part in industry groups that create and follow standards in online advertising:
- Australia: Australian Digital Advertising Alliance
- Canada: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- Europe: European Digital Advertising Alliance
- United States: Digital Advertising Alliance & Network Advertising Initiative
Paid for by
For some ads on Google's network, you can see more details about the advertiser by clicking the Why this Ad icon in the corner of the ad and then clicking Paid for by.
The Paid for by disclosures provide additional information about the advertiser who paid for the ad, including the advertiser’s name and some biographical details. Some of this information may be required by law.
You can click the View more ads link in the Paid for by disclosure to see additional ads paid for by the advertiser and details about those ads in the Political Advertising on Google Transparency Report