In some cases, you can use a different email address (username) to identify your Google Account.
What this email address is
- When you're signed in, your email address shows next to your name and profile photo. To find your email address, select your Profile picture or initial.
- You can sign in with it.
- It's where you get important information about most Google services you use, unless you've added a contact email.
Learn how to use different email addresses on your account.
Step 1: Check if you can change it
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Gmail app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Google Account. If you don't use Gmail, go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the top, tap Personal info.
- Under "Contact info," tap Email.
- Select Google Account email. If you can't open this setting, it might not be possible to change your email or username.
- If your account's email address ends in @gmail.com, you usually can't change it.
- If you're using a Google Account through your work, school, or other group, ask your administrator for help.
Important: If you use Sign in with Google for non-Google sites or Chrome Remote Desktop to connect remotely, view this info before you change your email address.
Step 2: Change it
- Next to your email address, select Edit .
- Enter the new email address for your account. Choose one that isn't already used by another Google Account.
- If you're having trouble, go to the get help changing your email address section.
- Follow the steps on the screen.
We'll send an email with a verification link to your new email address. You'll need to open the email and click the link. If you don't get the email, try fixing the problem.Get help changing your email address
- To switch from a Gmail address to a non-Gmail address, you need to delete your Gmail address. Learn more about deleting your Gmail address.
- To switch from a non-Gmail address to a Gmail address, add Gmail to your account. Learn how to add Gmail to your account.
- If the email address you want is already an alternate email, remove it there first.
- If you want to sign in with another email address, add it as an alternate email.
- Learn how to check emails from other accounts in Gmail.
- Create a Google Account with a different Gmail address.
Some reasons you might change your primary email address are:
- You previously used a non-Gmail email address and you sign up for a Gmail account.
- You have a Gmail account but create a new Gmail account to be your main account.
Sign in with Google
Chrome Remote Desktop
- On the remote host machine, go to Chrome Remote Desktop.
- To disable any connections, under “This device,” click or tap .
- After you disable all connections, under “This device,” click or tap Turn on.
- Follow the steps to reconnect with your new email address.