You may be blocked from signing in to your Google Account with some services or programs when we can’t verify it’s really you. If your sign-in is blocked, the service you’re using will likely notify you with:
- A general error that your sign-in was unsuccessful.
- An error saying that your password and username are incorrect, even if you’ve entered the correct information.
Note: If you have an account through your work, school, or other organization, you can get help from your administrator.
You may be blocked from signing in to your Google Account if:
- The service you’re signing in from doesn’t provide enough information to prove it’s you.
- You’re signing in from a new location or device.
Get troubleshooting tips
Use a trusted device & location
- Your sign-in may be blocked if the device or location you’re using is new. Try again from a device or location that you commonly sign in from.
- Sign in to your Google Account on the new device and try again the following week.
Update the app
If you’re trying to sign in to your Google Account from an app, make sure you’re using the latest version. The latest version of the app may use more secure sign-in technology.
Switch to a more secure service
If you still can’t sign in from the site, app, or program, consider switching to a service that uses more secure sign-in technology, like Sign in with Google.
All Google services use the latest security measures.