Our privacy and security tools are designed to put you in control of your data and protect it. Based on your Activity controls, your activity on Google sites, apps, and services may be saved in your Google Account. You can use My Activity to find and delete this activity, like what you’ve searched for, articles you’ve read, and videos you’ve watched.
Activity you keep helps Google provide you with a more personalized experience, including faster searches, automatic recommendations, and a better YouTube homepage. If you delete activity, it’s no longer used to personalize your Google experience.
How My Activity works
You can use your Activity controls to choose what activity to save in your Google Account and customize privacy settings to best meet your needs.
Activity can come from your use of Google products, or sites, apps, and devices that use Google’s services, when you're signed in to your Google Account.
Once this data is saved, My Activity lets you:
- Access and manage your search history and activity in one central place, from any device.
- View and filter activity by date, product, and keyword.
- Delete activity, including individual items, activity from a certain time frame, or all activity. You can also choose to automatically delete activity older than 3 or 36 months.
Activity & content saved in other places
- Some Google products store activity in places other than My Activity. For example:
- If Location History is turned on, that activity is saved to your Maps Timeline. You can delete Location History from your Timeline at any time.
- Your browser may save its own browsing history and other browsing data. In Chrome, you can delete your browsing history and other browsing data. You can also browse in private to stop Chrome from saving your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms.
- You can find other Google activity that might be saved in other places.
- My Activity doesn’t store content or files like documents, emails, or photos. You can manage content or files directly in products like Drive, Gmail, or Photos.
How Google protects your activity
To help keep your activity private:
- Your Google Account comes with built-in security designed to detect and block threats like spam, malware, viruses, and hackers.
- Your activity is stored securely, using industry-leading encryption.
- You can require an extra verification step to view your full history on My Activity.
- Each Google Account has its own activity. If you have multiple Google Accounts, activity from each account is kept completely separate.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.
How to control your activity
Google has Activity controls to help you choose what data is stored in your Google Account and customize privacy settings to best meet your needs.
You can also choose to download your activity at any time.