Try the following steps if your phone has any of these problems:
- Randomly reboots or restarts
- Shuts down without restarting
- Restarts constantly: Go to the Advanced troubleshooting section.
Troubleshoot your phone
Important: Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Near the bottom, tap System Advanced System update. If needed, first tap About phone or About tablet.
- Your update status will appear. Follow any steps on the screen.
On most phones, you can check how much storage you have available in the Settings app. Settings can vary by phone. For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
Troubleshoot apps on your phone
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices.
- Under "Updates available," choose to update all apps or a specific app.
Tip: To help identify which apps are causing problems, make a list of the apps you force stop.
Restart in safe mode
Important: Safe mode temporarily turns off all downloaded apps.
Restarting in safe mode varies by phone. To learn how to restart your phone in safe mode, visit your manufacturer’s support site.
Step 2: Check if the problem goes away
Check if the problem goes away. If it does, an app is likely causing your problem. Go to the next step. If the problem does not go away, skip to Advanced troubleshooting.
Step 3: Restart your phone normally & check apps
- Restart your phone.
- One by one, remove recently downloaded apps. Learn how to delete apps.
- After each removal, restart your phone normally. See whether removing that app solved the problem.
- After you remove the app that caused the problem, you can add back the other apps that you removed. Learn how to reinstall apps.
If you’ve put a case, external battery pack, or other accessory on your phone, try taking it off while you troubleshoot.
Make sure that external accessories don’t cover your phone’s sensors or touch its buttons.
Tip: If an app that you downloaded caused the issue and you reinstall that app, the problem could come back.