Types of updates
Google can update profiles at any time. Google-updated info shows live on Maps, Search, and other Google services. You can choose to accept, discard and replace, or edit Google updates. Different types of updates show in different text colors in the profile editor:
- Orange: New data from Google.
- Orange: Data removed by Google.
- Gray: Data replaced by Google. (New data shows in orange.)
- Black or white: No updates from Google.
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have more than one location, go to the one that you want to review.
- In the left menu, click Info.
- Review the Google updates listed next to your original business information.
- Determine what to do with the updates:
- Edit updates: Click the section where you want to edit updates. When you’re done, click Apply.
- Accept all the updates: At the top, next to the notification, click Accept all for this location.
- Accept individual updates: Click the sections where you want to accept updates. Then, click Apply.
- Discard & replace updates:
- Click the sections where you want to discard updates.
- In the field that shows, restore what you had before.
- Click Apply.
Tip: If your profile has Google updates, you’ll get a notification at the top of the page.
- If you haven't changed a particular field since your last upload, Google My Business ignores that field. Your data isn’t changed, and any Google updates for that field aren’t accepted or discarded.
- If you changed a field, the new field value is accepted. This new value overwrites both your old value and any Google update associated with it.
- If you leave a field blank, the blank field is subject to Google updates.