You can save webpages to read later, even if you're offline, like when you're on an airplane or somewhere else without an Internet connection. To read webpages later offline, download them in Chrome ahead of time.
Read a page later
To read a page later, add it to your reading list.
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- Go to a page you want to read later.
- At the right of the address bar, click Bookmark this tab .
- Select Add to reading list.
Tip: To access your reading list, at the top right of your browser in the bookmarks bar, click Reading List .
Download a page from Chrome to read offline
You need to be online to save a page.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a page you want to save.
- At the top right, click More More Tools Save page as.
- Choose where you want to save the page.
- Click Save.
To read a saved page, open the file on your computer. It will open in your default browser, like Chrome or Safari.
To delete a saved page, delete the file from your computer.