When you browse in Dark mode or Dark theme in Chrome, your homepage, toolbar, settings, and some other pages will be dark.
Tip: This feature is called "Dark mode" on Desktop and iOS and "Dark theme" on Android devices.
Turn on Dark theme
- On your Android device, open Chrome .
- At the top right, tap More Settings Theme.
- Choose the theme you'd like to use:
- System Default if you want to use Chrome in Dark theme when Battery Saver mode is turned on or your mobile device is set to Dark theme in device settings.
- Dark if you want to use Chrome in Dark theme.
- Light if you want to use Chrome in Light theme.
Tip: Your browser may also appear dark if you're in Incognito mode. Learn more about browsing in private.