For a safer, more helpful way to pay and manage your money, we launched a new Google Pay app .
In the new Google Pay app, you can:
- Send and receive money from family and friends. Note that money you receive goes to your account as money in Google Pay.
- Make contactless payments.
- Order food from participating restaurants and eateries.
- Pay for gas, food, and parking at participating locations.
- Participate in promotions that provide opportunities to earn scratch cards and other rewards when you use Google Pay.
- Link your bank accounts, cards, and other transaction data sources, such as bills and receipts, to search across your spending.
- See financial insights based on your spending, such as for upcoming bills, credit limit, or bank fees.
In the Play store or App store, you can download the new Google Pay app .
Important: For the old Google Pay app , some features will go away in May 2021. For example, you won't be able to send, receive, or withdraw money. To continue to use these features, download the new Google Pay app .
Can I send money with the old Google Pay app?
No. As of June 15th, 2021, you can no longer:
- Send, request, receive, claim, or withdraw money or find past transactions with pay.google.com or the old Google Pay app .
- Send or receive money for commercial payments.
Any pending transactions from the old Google Pay app should be expired.
If you want to send, receive or request money, download the new Google Pay app .
What happens to my money or balance on the old Google Pay app?
Your money will carry over to the new Google Pay app if you sign in with the account that has an existing balance. You can transfer your money out of the new Google Pay app at any time. Learn how to transfer money out.
Tip: If you choose not to move over to the new Google Pay app and would like to withdraw your remaining balance, contact us for help.
How do I know if I have a balance in Google Pay?
- Go to pay.google.com.
- Select Payment methods. If you have a balance, you can find it here.
Do I need to add my payment methods again?
After you download the new Google Pay app and sign in to your account, your debit cards and credit cards should transfer over. You may need to take some steps to verify your cards. Bank accounts must be added again.
Can I find my past transactions in the new app?
Yes. If you download the new Google Pay app, you can find transactions you made with the old or new app. To find all your transactions:
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap Insights .
- Scroll to the “Recent activity” section.
- To find your complete history of past transactions, at the bottom, select All transactions.
What is the age requirement to use Google Pay in the US?
You must be:
- 18 years old or older to use the Google Pay app.
- 13 years old or older to make purchases and transactions outside the Google Pay app, with payment methods and passes saved to your Google Account.