You can send gifts of Google Play Books by email in some countries. We call these "digital gifts." In many countries, you can also buy and give physical Google Play gift cards.
If you received a gift, learn how to redeem a gift card or promo code.
To send a digital gift, your recipient must be registered for Google Play in the same country as you. Currently, you can't send other digital content as gifts or lend digital content to another account. However, you can share apps and digital content with your family with Google Play Family Library.
Google Play Books gifts are available in the following countries:
|Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
Buy & send digital gifts
Important: Google Play Music subscriptions can no longer be purchased as gifts.
- Browse or search for an e-book on the Google Play Store.
- Click Buy as Gift .
- Follow the onscreen instructions. An email with a gift code is immediately sent to the recipient and a copy of the email is sent to you.
- To send the gift later:
- Email the gift code to yourself.
- Forward the email to the recipient on the date you want.
- If your recipient can't find the email with the gift code, forward them your copy of the gift email.
- If your recipient already has the item in their Google Play library, you can:
- Request a refund.
- Give the gift to someone else.
Transfers & refunds
It's not possible to share or transfer content between accounts on Google Play, even if you own both accounts. If you have multiple accounts on your device, make sure you sign in to the account you want to use before you complete your purchase.
Note: This applies only to gifts of Google Play credit or Google Play Books purchased through Google. If your gift was purchased through a third-party retailer, contact the retailer for refund information.
If you want to return your gift, let the purchaser know so they can contact us. Note:
- We can only issue a refund to the person who purchased the gift.
- Refunds can only be issued for gifts which have not been redeemed.
- The gift code is not redeemable once the gift is refunded.
- Refunds for Google Play credit gifts are only available for 3 months after the date of purchase.
Request a gift refund
- Open a web browser (like Chrome or Safari) on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund for gifts in Google Play apps.
- At the top, select Purchase history. Then, find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, click More .
- Note: On mobile phones and tablets, you may need to swipe to the right to view the menu icon.
- Select Request a refund or Report a problem and choose the option that describes your situation.
- Complete the form and note that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.