Try the steps below if:
- Your downloads and app updates get stuck and won't finish.
- You can’t download or install apps or games from the Google Play Store.
- You can't download books or other content from Google Play.
- You can't open the Google Play Store app at all.
Basic troubleshooting stepsCheck your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection
- Make sure that you have a strong Internet connection.
- It’s best if you can connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- If you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, make sure that you have a strong mobile data connection.
After you check your Internet connection, try your download again. To get more help with connection problems, go to Fix Internet connection problems on Android devices.
- If your device is low on storage space, it can stop apps from downloading and installing.
- Your device may be low on space if:
- You get a notification about storage space.
- There’s less than 1 GB available on your device.
- To get help with storage space on Android, go to Free up space.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings app.
- Tap System System update.
- Your update status appears.
- To download or install updates, follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your Android device, swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go.
- To close the Google Play Store app, swipe up on it.
- To reopen the app, tap the Google Play Store app .
- Press and hold the Power button.
- Tap Power off or Restart.
- If your device doesn't restart, press and hold the Power button until your device turns on again.
Get more help
If the steps above didn't work, choose a link below to view advanced troubleshooting steps.
- Fix problems downloading one app
- Fix problems downloading multiple apps
- Fix problems with the Google Play Store app
- Problems with in-app purchases