You can choose a photo to set as your Gmail profile picture. This image shows up when someone sees your name in their email inbox or chat list. If they use an iPhone or iPad, the image may also appear in the notifications of incoming chat messages you send them.
Your Gmail profile picture is the same as your Google Account picture. Learn how to change your Google Account name and other info.
Change your picture
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- At the top right, tap your profile picture.
- On your profile picture, tap Camera Change or Add profile picture.
- Take or choose a new profile picture.
- Drag your profile picture to the center of the square.
Tap Save as profile picture.
- If you use Google Photos, it recommends photos to use. Learn more about face groups in Google Photos.
- Your profile picture is used across all Google services. Your other photos aren’t shared. Find out where your profile picture shows up.
- When you pick a new profile picture, it can take up to 24 hours to update.
Find an old profile picture
- On your mobile device, open the Gmail app .
- At the top right, tap your Profile picture Manage your Google Account Personal info.
- Under “Basic info,” next to “Photo,” select your Profile picture. Your profile picture displays.
- At the top right, tap More Past profile pictures.