You can change the name that's linked to your email address.
Important: The name linked to your email address is not your username. You can't change your username or email address.
How to change your name
For example, if you get married, you could change from "Lisa Brown" at email@example.com to "Lisa Jones" at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: You can’t change your name from the Gmail app.
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings See all settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- Under "Send mail as," click Edit info.
- Enter the name you want to show when you send messages.
- At the bottom, click Save changes.
If you can't change your name
If you get an error that says "This setting can't be changed for your account," it may mean:
- You've changed your name too many times during a short period of time.
- You're on a Google Workspace account and your admin doesn't allow you to change your profile name. Your admin may be able to help change your name. Who is my administrator?
Create a new email address
If you want to change your email address, sign up for a new address. After you sign up for a new address, you can transfer emails and contacts from your old address to the new one.
Someone is using my trademark
If you believe someone created a Gmail address using your trademarked name, contact them to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, Google doesn’t monitor or control the email addresses selected by Gmail users.
- Change your Google Account name & other info.
- Automatically forward incoming messages to your new account
- Export your old contacts, then import your contacts to your new address.