Location History is a Google Account-level setting that saves where you go with every mobile device where:
- You’re signed in to your Google Account
- You have turned on Location History, and
- The device has Location Reporting on
Location History is off by default for your Google Account and can only be turned on if you opt in.
How Location History works
- Your device location
- Your labeled places
- Your Location History
- Your previous activity across Google products
- The IP address of your internet connection, which is a requirement to use the internet
- Your WiFi
Important: Most of these sources of location can be controlled using either your device's permissions, your account preferences, or other settings. Learn more below about how your choices affect your privacy and location.
How we protect your Location History
- Your Google Account has built-in security that detects and blocks spam, malware, viruses, and hackers.
- Your activity is stored securely, with industry-leading encryption.
- We do not sell your personal information to anyone.