Stadia can be played with a variety of gamepads on computers, on TVs, and on compatible mobile devices.
Compatible mobile devices
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5, 5a
- Samsung Galaxy® S8, S8+, S8 Active, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S21, S21+, S21 Ultra
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, S6, S7, S7+, A, A7
- Samsung Note® 8, 9, 10, 10+, 20, 20 Ultra
- OnePlus® 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G, 8T
- OnePlus Nord, N10 5G, N100
- Apple® iPhone® and iPad®
- Asus® ROG® Phones
- Razer® Phone, Razer Phone II
- LG® V50 ThinQ™, V50S ThinQ, V60 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, Wing
How to play on iPhone or iPad
To play games on your iPhone or iPad, just create a Safari® web app on your device.
Play on non-supported Android devices
Stadia works on Chromecast Ultra, Google TV, or compatible Android TV devices. For the best experience, we recommend that you use one of the officially supported devices listed below. Your play experience may vary on non-supported Android TV devices.
- Chromecast Ultra
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Hisense® Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- Nvidia® Shield TV
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- Onn™ FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Panasonic® JX800 series (Europe)
- Philips® Android TVs from 2019 (7304 and higher) and 2020 (8505 and higher)
- TCL® 5-Series and 6-Series (with Google TV)
- Xiaomi® MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
On Google TV or Android TV, you can use the Stadia Controller only to navigate the Stadia app. To navigate other sections of the TV interface, connect a Bluetooth controller or use the TV remote that came with your device.
Use a Stadia Controller or a compatible controller to play games on your TV, computer, or mobile device. If you don't have a compatible controller, you can use the touch screen on your mobile device as a virtual gamepad, or play on a computer with a mouse and keyboard.
Check how devices connect to Stadia in the following table:
|Gamepad type||Google TV or Android TV||On TV with Chromecast Ultra||On Google Chrome (version 77 or greater)||Supported phones with Android 10.0 or greater||iPhones and iPads|
|Stadia Controller||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity||Wi-Fi connectivity||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity||USB & Wi-Fi connectivity||Wi-Fi connectivity|
|Keyboard and mouse||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable|
|PlayStation® DualShock 4 Controller||USB & Bluetooth connectivity or through your phone*||Through your phone*||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One® Controller||USB & Bluetooth connectivity or through your phone*||Through your phone*||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox One Elite Controller||USB connectivity or through your phone*||Through your phone*||USB connectivity||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|Xbox® Adaptive Controller||USB & Bluetooth connectivity or through your phone*||Through your phone*||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Bluetooth connectivity|
|Xbox 360® Controller||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable||USB connectivity||USB connectivity||Currently unavailable|
|Switch Pro Controller||Through your phone*||Currently unavailable||USB & Bluetooth connectivity||Currently unavailable||Currently unavailable|
|Virtual touch gamepad||Through your phone*||Through your phone*||Currently unavailable||Supported||Supported|
*Connect a controller through your phoneIf your streaming device or smart TV doesn't support Bluetooth connections, or if you experience Bluetooth connectivity issues, connect a controller through your phone or tablet.
Operating systems and controller compatibility
- Some of the gamepads and controllers listed above may require additional drivers to properly function with Stadia on Windows®, macOS®, and Linux®.
- Bluetooth for Xbox One Wireless Controllers is not supported on Linux.
Third-party USB or Bluetooth controllers
You can use some Bluetooth controllers to play Stadia games on Chromecast Ultra, Google TV, Android TV, compatible mobile devices, and computers.
- Before you use Stadia with a third-party USB or Bluetooth gamepad, check for firmware or software updates from the manufacturer for bug fixes and improvements.
- To use the Stadia button on a Bluetooth gamepad, press the Home button located at the center of the controller. For example, press the PS button on a DualShock controller, or the Xbox button on an Xbox controller.
- If you're playing on a device that came with a TV remote, you can press the OK or D-pad buttons on the remote to bring up the Stadia menu.
- Controllers not in the officially supported list may also work with Stadia. Not all gamepads are compatible with every Android TV, Google TV, or non-Pixel Android device. For information on which gamepads are compatible with your device, contact the device's manufacturer.
- If you experience controller connectivity issues, connect a third-party controller to your mobile device to play games on your TV.
- If you play Stadia with an Xbox Controller on a Windows computer and press the Xbox button, the "Windows Game Bar" might open. To open the Stadia menu instead, press Shift + Tab on your computer keyboard.
- The Xbox button on the Xbox Adaptive Controller is not supported when you play Stadia on Android, Linux, or Chrome OS.
When playing Stadia on Google TV or Android TV, you'll be able to hear party chat and game audio over your headset, but you won't be able to use a Bluetooth microphone to speak in voice chat.Get more information about using Bluetooth devices with Google TV.
- You can connect an audio headset to the 3.5 mm audio jack on your Stadia Controller when it's connected to your computer or mobile device with a USB cable. If you don't use either of these controllers, your headset must be connected directly to your computer or mobile device.
- You can connect an audio headset directly to your Stadia Controller's USB-C port or 3.5 mm jack when your controller is linked wirelessly to Stadia on a computer or a compatible Chromecast or Android TV device. Note: Some headsets may not be compatible with the USB-C port.
- When you play on a TV and don't hear audio when you plug your headset into your Stadia Controller, make sure your Stadia Controller and Chromecast or Android TV device are connected to the same network, especially if you have more than one router set up in your home.
- If you connect headsets to both the 3.5 mm audio jack and the USB-C port on your Stadia Controller, only the headset connected to the audio jack will be active.
- The Stadia Controller is the only gamepad that supports receiving game audio, chat audio, and microphone input through a connected headset. When using other Bluetooth controllers, you need to connect your headset directly to your computer or mobile device.
- Tip: If you're getting low-quality audio from a headset attached to your Stadia Controller, close any extra browser tabs you have open, then plug your headset directly into your computer instead of your controller.
- Note: When you connect your Stadia Controller to your Android mobile device, or link to it wirelessly, you'll be able to hear and respond to in-game voice chat or party chat when you connect a headset with microphone to your controller. You can also use Bluetooth or a USB cable to connect a headset to your Android mobile device.
SAMSUNG, SAMSUNG GALAXY, and SAMSUNG NOTE are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
ASUS and ROG are registered trademarks of AsusTek Computer Inc.
BLUETOOTH is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
HISENSE is a registered trademark of Hisense Co., Ltd.
APPLE, IPHONE, IPAD, MACOS, and SAFARI are trademarks of Apple Inc.
LG is a registered trademark of LG Corp. ThinQ is a trademark of LG Electronics, Inc.
LINUX is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
NVIDIA is a registered trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
ONEPLUS is a registered trademark of OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
ONN is a trademark of WALMART APOLLO, LLC.
PANASONIC is a registered trademark of Panasonic Corporation.
PHILIPS is a registered trademark of Koninklijke Philips N.V.
PLAYSTATION and DUALSHOCK 4 are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
RAZER is a registered trademark of RAZER (ASIA-PACIFIC) PTE LTD.
TCL is a registered trademark of TCL Technology Group Corporation.
USB-C is a registered trademark of USB Implementers Forum.
WINDOWS, XBOX, XBOX 360, XBOX ONE, and XBOX ADAPTIVE CONTROLLER are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
XIAOMI is a registered trademark of MI Company.